Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why I Am An Idiot

So I decided, on a day off from work, to go downtown and visit some establishments I usually don't get to see because they close at 5pm. I pull into a nice parking spot. I check the meter. 42 minutes left on it, but I put in a quarter and pay for an extra hour. I roam around, visit the used bookstores, stop into some other shops, have lunch, wander around the block, finally get back to the car. I check the meter--ah, still 24 minutes on it, plenty of time. Oh oh. On my windshield is a $10 parking ticket--time expired. What th--? How can that be?

Shit. I paid the wrong meter. Don't ask me how, but the meters are staggered in such a way that the meter I paid is actually closer to my car than the meter I should have paid. So some jagoff in a minivan got some free parking, and I got a $10 ticket.

I'm an idiot.

EDIT: I paid my fine online. But I didn't like it.

4 comments:

katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

that sucks mckee.

Anonymous said...

Freakin' Martin.

Buddha

Robert said...

See what crazy shit happens when you hit 40?

At least it's only $10. Parking fines here are something like $35.